July 2009 Delhi - Manali - Leh and back

>> Monday 18 May 2009


Our trip will be in early July.

I am flying with friends into Delhi and hiring Enfields.

Trip at the moment will be Delhi - Manali - Leh and return.

Things may change......... Who knows......!!!!



There will be 4 riders and we propose to take 14/15 days to do the trip including stops and sightseeing.

Visa granted.

Flights booked.

Enfield 500's hired From Kaol Bagh, Delhi.

More information to follow..... but here's a little for starters...






This is what my tent looks like.


We will take tents and sleeping bags, just in case. hopefully they will stay in their bags.


Wet weather gear, warm clothing and camera ready to be packed.






A little about my previous rides



I shall start with my rides from the time I bought my Harley Davidson, In 2001




First overseas ride. Wales to Germany (Harwich - Hamburg) France -UK (Calais - Dover).
Good comfortable ride, my brother who loves his Triumph vowed that if he did another trip like that would only do it on a Harley. He now owns a HD Nightrain..( He didn't want all the chrome)

Having been bitten by the bug now. I have been on the following rides since, after meeting a bunch of like-minded guys.

France - Brittany (dry ride) 2004
Ireland - (got wet)2005
Scotland - (got wet again) 2006
Belgium and Holland (dry ride) 2008

It goes to show... If you go off riding, go abroad.

0 comments:

Trip updates

There may even be another trip.

Not at all sure when or where we will go next time.

Who knows what will happen.

Just watch this space

Trip Route

Delhi
Manali
Keylong
Sarchu
Leh
Return to Delhi
Kargil
Srinagar
Jammu
Delhi

  © Mike Cork 2009

Back to TOP